A legacy of LEGO...

Have you ever stopped to think about one of the world's greatest marvels?
The ubiquitous LEGO brick.





From the simple (although tedious) task of making full size furniture from these little plastic wonders;


to incredibly detailed dioramas depicting scenes from our youth;


these innocuous little blocks have enabled generations of kids of all ages all over the world to express their imagination endlessly.
I guess as my young daughter approaches the age of LEGO discovery, (DUPLO of course, don't want her choking on one of these suckers) part of me is feeling nostalgic enough to have visions of being the LEGO dad/god. Being a LEGO-meister, impressing my child with feats of LEGO-ness that only the LEGO royalty themselves could be capable of.
Then I ran into these clips. Wow, do I have a lot of catching up to do. These guys have set the bar very high.
In the never-ending search to discover all types of motorsports and life blending, another world has been found.
The LEGO brick / gearhead hybrid.

There's the corporate species:


There's the engineer/OCD version:


The Italian engineer/OCD variant:


The high-production value LEGO race fan:


The radio-control LEGO head:


And the pinnacle; the "holy crap that took a lot of time and planning" LEGO addict:


Well, off I go to get started. Luckily I have at least 3 years before my little girl realizes that I am not the best LEGO builder in town.
It's important to have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment