10th Historic Acropolis Rally 2011

As I get older, I find myself becoming more appreciative of vintage vehicles and historic race cars. Sure I can enjoy a clip of the latest and greatest dual-clutch creation, but whenever I see a vintage race car tearing up a gravel road or tarmac, I can't help but think that today's drivers have it easy. Some of these classic machines barely had power steering; let alone a hydraulically assisted gear selector. There was no electronically monitored vehicle stability programs; just an experienced right foot to determine your direction in a slide. No fancy in-car telemetry to tell you when your about to DNF; just a well-trained ear noticing the camshaft shearing.
Go directly to 1:32 for the pure sound that can only be delivered by a car older than you...

No comments:

Post a Comment