Sometimes rubbin' ain't racin'...



Kyle Busch is not making any friends in NASCAR these days.

I'm not a regular follower of the NASCAR Camping World Truck series. I will stop and watch if I'm channel surfing, but it's not like I make plans around every race to catch each moment. To be completely candid, Twitter on my iPhone has made it possible for me to stay completely updated with all my favorite race series' while not even turning on a TV or laptop.
That being said; I happened to be watching this incident live, and was outraged that Kyle decided to throw a cheap shot at Ron Hornaday (who was in championship contention by the way) after a yellow flag was waving.
Seems I wasn't the only one, as my Twitter timeline was soon filled with calls out to suspend Busch, boycott his sponsors, park him for the weekend, everything but lynch him in the garage area. It was Texas, so I think lynching was completely possible...
Well NASCAR agreed as well, the parked him for the night (no biggie because his car was taco'd anyway) AND he was benched for the Sunday's Sprint Cup race as well. Justice served I guess...
Unfortunately, this won't help Hornaday. No mathematical chance he can win the championship now.
Unfortunately, this won't stop Kyle Busch from acting out like a child again, I believe he enjoys the attention.
Unfortunately, it's his sponsors AND the fans who suffer the most having to be exposed to this drama.
Unfortunately, NASCAR is turning into a Sunday afternoon (or Friday night for the trucks) soap opera.

Should Busch be suspended indefinitely?
Did NASCAR exact a proper punishment?
Should fans boycott Busch's sponsors?
Should Joe Gibbs fire Busch?
What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment