Stalking a '72 911...

OK so maybe stalking is a bad word to use. Admiring? Maybe. Envious bromance? More appropriate.




I would normally not ogle like this for someone I know, let alone a complete stranger. Although I have watched Jack Olsen's videos on YouTube enough times to feel like he should be my best friend. Or crush at least...
This guy has got a perfectly built '72 911 and drives it like it should be. Hard, fast, and precisely.
And I apologize for the shameless promotion, but everyone should check out his in-car videos. It's inspired me to search for a new project. You guessed it - a vintage 911. Nothing else sounds like an angry air-cooled beast behind you, and nothing else drives like a 911. Truly a unique experience, and as the old commercials used to say; if you've never owned one, it can't be explained.


Oh, and if a terrifically executed vintage 911 isn't enough to stir your innards; check out this guy's workshop. It has given me inspiration to remodel my garage area to incorporate some of the ideas shown. Once again, I apologize to Mr. Olsen for broadcasting his video to my readers; but hey, it's something to be proud of and he did put on YouTube for everyone to enjoy!


Here's a hot lap of Willow Springs as you ride as passenger with Jack. At first I thought the sound quality was lacking, and then I realized it's a 3.6 back there. I don't think a camera in the world could handle the glorious sounds that thing can produce.


So Jack - Well done on the car and your dedication to awesomeness. I hope one day you stumble upon this post and see it for exactly what it is - a fan who is thoroughly impressed with your ability to blend life and motorsports; which is what BlendLines.com is all about!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I stumbled on it!

    Thanks very much for the compliments. If it inspires someone else to get behind the wheel of a vintage air-cooled 911, then I'm thrilled. They're awesome cars.

    And less than a week before you posted this, I finally got back below my formerly-best 1:29.1 at my home track of Willow Springs. After rebuilding the 3.6 in my garage, I drove a 1:28.81. A small step, maybe. But the lap times are coming down again.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UdNEAgKMYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank YOU for putting up the videos! You are inspiring more than just me to get an air-cooled 911 under them. Great car, excellent driving, and outstanding execution. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete