Sometimes winners don't finish first...



Sure, I'll congratulate Ganassi's 1-2 overall victory at Daytona. Of course I'll applaud TRG's win in GT.






What I believe is more commendable is the desire to keep going even though any chance of winning has evaporated. Racing for the sake of racing. True motorsport warriors. The Turner Motorsport team gets my applause for soldiering on, even after spending 3 hours in the pits to rebuild a transmission. Going on to finish 156 laps down, but finishing nonetheless. #94 was turning laps faster than the class winner, and would have went on to challenge for the top spot was it not for a 5th gear hand-grenading.
But they fixed it, and went out racing anyway... that's a winner in my world.
.
Speed Secrets 6: The Perfect Driver (No. 6) Ultimate Speed Secrets: The Racer's Bible Inner Speed Secrets: Mental Strategies to Maximize Your Racing Performance

No comments:

Post a Comment