SuperMiata - Spec Miata on Steroids

Roger's HPDE Miata.

It's no secret I'm a Miata fan.

Every Miata of any vintage always delivers an impressive amount of fun with an equally inverse amount of cost. Best bang for the buck by far. I've run my Miata HPDE car for 3 years on the same set of Kumho's, and although I only get it out to the track 2 - 3 times a year, any of you who know me understand that that's an impressive statistic. I'm not exactly ginger with the pedals.


So for those of us who are Miata fans and feel like going door-to-door racing, Spec Miata was always the standard answer. Now there is another option - SuperMiata


Seems like the perfect venue if you are the Miata guy who is part trackday junkie, part tuner monkey. Spec Miata is way too restricting, and way too popular. Liberal rules on car prep make Super Miata very interesting.





Check out 949racing, not only a Miata Challenge sponsor, but home to the ubiquitous 6UL wheel, available in 15x9 (among other sizes) and are on my wish list in case anyone feels in the giving mood!


I'll post more developments as I find them!

How to Build a High-Performance Mazda Miata MX-5 (Motorbooks Workshop) Mazda Miata MX- 5 Performance Projects Mazda MX-5 Miata: Find It. Fix It. Trick It. (Motorbooks Workshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment