Ferrari draws a line in the sand....


Luca di Montezemolo: "We have Formula One in our hearts and minds but we don't want to be in a Formula One prison"

"At the end of the day this business is not so complicated." Damn right Luca. Good for you, F1 should be the height of the sport. Where sky is the limit for technology. Where man and machine combine to deliver an awe-inspiring show that inspires all of the fans to do something great in whatever their passion is.
I just started getting back into Formula 1 after that farce at Indy in 2005. I flew from Aspen to Indy to meet my father for the event and was let down by what seemed to me as F1's relentless pursuit of bureaucracy. I vowed to never watch or follow or go to another F1 race again.

The 2005 United States Grand Prix was plagued by tire issues. This caused the race to be run with only six competitors


So now after I have buried my hate, put aside my grudge; F1 once again is attempting to test my loyalty by imposing stupid rules. 1.6 liter turbocharged engines? Really? I agree that these trying times require us to make some changes to our lifestyle, but let's not go too far. Sometimes trimming the fat results in cutting the bone. Sometimes if you dilute a sport enough, you can strip away the core values that drew us to the sport in the first place. We'll see where this all goes. I know what happened to open wheel racing here in the US after a split caused a splinter league to form. I STOPPED WATCHING EITHER OF THEM!!!

Well at least there's still Grand-Am....

I'm happy about the buzz on the subject and hope that this discussion will make everyone WAKE UP and realize that racing is what dreams are made of. It's supposed to be fantastic, it supposed to be cutting edge, it supposed to be over-the-top! Here are a few web finds on the topic.





It ain't a real post without a cool YouTube video find, so here it is:



I know nostalgia sometimes (always) gets the best of me, but F1 yet has to top the 90's.
Simply because of Senna. How can you disagree?
Art of the Formula 1 Race Car The Golden Age of Formula 1 The Science of Formula 1 Design

No comments:

Post a Comment