KTM X-Bow - Why do Europeans get to have so much fun?

Do you dream about carving your favorite road in an open topped, carbon fiber, turbocharged street-legal go-kart? How about 1,750 pounds motivated by an Audi 2.0 liter turbo powerplant? How about 0-60 in under 4 seconds?


Well keep dreaming, for now anyway. This is solely a toy for Europeans. KTM is currently pursuing worldwide road approval, and that day won't come soon enough for me.


It's currently FIA approved, which means you can import one to the US for track use. I imagine even if I tried to slap a dealer plate on this one I'd probably get 2 miles from my garage before I would be answering some very difficult questions from the local boys in blue. It just may be worth it!


The chassis is designed by Dallara, so it's racing DNA is confirmed. It's powerplant is supplied by Audi. Which begs the question: Will 2.0t FSI go fast bits built for the A4/A3 be compatible?
Could you envision a KTM X-Bow infused with some STaSIS or AWE steroids?


Street (or in this case track) cred? It's one of mounts for ROC. If it's good enough for Schumacher, Loeb and Foust, it should suffice for my needs!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combination of potent powerplant and low weight!!!


There are 4 different models for you to choose.
The X-Bow Street, Clubsport, Superlight, and the GT4.
Check out KTM's nifty configurator on their website HERE.



Still want more? How about some in-car video?

How to Import a Car into Canada Gran Turismo 5 Forza Motorsport 4

No comments:

Post a Comment